Seems like every year I make the resolution to lose weight. I mean, what girl doesn't? It always ends up the same too....I decide to work out every other day and that usually last for 3 weeks. I decide to eat only salads and only drink water. That lasts about 1 1/2 weeks. So I am really going to try this year to keep my resolutions and not make ones that are not out of reach.
1. I'm going to blog and read more.
>>I've found that when I take the time to sit down either "journal" on here or read a book, I'm so much more relaxed. There really is nothing better than getting completely engrossed in a good book. A book so good that you absolutely cannot put it down. I recently finished The Hunger Games and I have now becomed obsessed. I'm now reading Catching Fire, the second book of the trilogy. I'm trying to pace myself because I don't want the story to be over! Blogging has also had the same thrill for me when I actually take the time to do it. It's so nice to read an honest blog where you can tell you're reading something from a real person.
2. I'm going to fill this year with many firsts!!!
>>I've already started and it's only the first day of the year! Firstly first I decided to do something out of the ordinary with my hair for New Year's Eve. BEEHIVE. I followed an online tutorial from keikolynn for a beehive with a braided crown. It turned out so awesome! I felt like I was in the 60s! My mother said she loved it and my sister said "ewwww." So mission accomplished.
>>Another first for me this year is the cooking of the traditional roasted chicken. My mother has been trying to teach me this special chicken so that I can make it for my family and it finally happened. She was a beautiful bird.
3. Invest more time in hobbies that make me happy. I have found in the past few months that crafting is something that I really enjoy! It's so nice to see such a large online community for it and it's so much fun! A couple of weekends ago, a friend and I watched Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, ate peppermint bark and made handemade Christmas presents. The perfect evening. My next adventure will be sewing. I have a beautiful sewing machine given to me two Christmases ago that has not seen the light of day. I intend on taking a sewing class this year to change that!
4. Make A's in all of my upcoming graduate school courses. I am incredibly nervous about being back in school and my top goal is to put as much into this degree as I possibly can.
5. Be happy. It's so funny how random moments in your life can make you realize how short your life is. I don't want to spend minutes of my life fighting with someone or being unhappy. It's just not worth it. So I am going to try not to nit pick my boyfriend or be too bossy (two things I need to work on). Because in the end, it's just not worth it.
Hopefully these are all realistic resolutions that I can stick with! Any helpful tips or tricks to keep these are greatly appreciated!