Sunday, January 22, 2012

Tomatillo & Avocado Salsa

Usually the boyfriend spoils me and he is the one who does all the cooking. However, this weekend I felt it necessary to return the favor. I made chicken/beef fajitas with pico and tomatillo/avocado salsa [recipe below]; seared pork w/ onion gravy and roasted squash mash and caprese salad; and homemade migas w/ pinto beans. HELLS YES.

Tomatillo & Avocado Salsa [My own recipe!]
(amount of ingredients may vary depending on taste, I like to make a huge batch and eat on my eggs/ or with chips)
>>Ingredients<<
2 avocados - scooped out
3-5 tomatillos (depending on size) - quartered
1-2 roma tomatoes - quartered
1/2 bunch of cilantro
1 lime
1/2 white onion
2 tbs. of homemade fajita seasoning (mixture below)
>>Steps<<
Just put all of that goodness into a blender or food processor and shazam! you have delicious salsa. As stated earlier, highly recommended on eggs.

Homemade Fajita Seasoning [My boyfriend's special mixture]
paprika
garlic
thyme
rosemary
oregano
cumin
bay laurel
cayenne
onion powder
celery powder
chili powder
salt & pepper
[equal parts of each ingredient with the exception of the cayenne: however spicy you want it!]
This fajita mixture is awesome. I use it on fajitas (obviously), salsa, pico de gallo, eggs, beans, basically any kind of Mexican food you're making.
Enjoy:)
B

No comments:

Post a Comment