Thursday, March 15, 2012

Oooh baby Mr. Postman...

Anticipating a FedEx package this morning, I jammed to some Motown Hits [namely Please Mr. Postman by The Marvelettes] and paced around the house looking like this and continuously checking my watch:




Mr. Postman [or FedEx man if you want to get all technical] was coming by to deliver me a package from Francesca's Collections. I found out this morning via email that my package was to be delivered today! Which leads me to today's post: online shopping.


Anyone who knows me knows that I love to shop. And by love I mean really love. Doesn't matter if it's Lowe's, H-E-B, or Forever 21. I'll shop anywhere. I have always been leery of online shopping [thanks, Mom] because you just never know how clothing is going to fit. That being said, I thought I would give it a whirl. I've been a bit blog-obsessed recently which has led to a lot of online browsing. Usually I just browse the "SALE" collections as this bitch is on a budget.


So I browsed Francesca's [they have the most adorable clothes, not so crazy about the jewelry] sale collection and found two pieces that were very good bargains that I simply could not live without. I chose the melon colored top because it screams SPRING! It was also on sale for $7. C'mon now.




The top is super cute. But once again [my mother's voice in my ear] it doesn't fit the best. Especially under the arms. The rest of the top is perfect; perfect length and shape for my body. However, it is a bit uncomfortable under the arms. It was only $7 so I will definitely keep it. Plans include wearing to work with my black skinny jeans and either mint or black cardigan.


On to the pièce de résistance...I found this black and white skirt and immediately fell for it. Cute length, will match with basically anything & reasonably price at $13.




Woohoo, I'm in love with it! And it fits perfectly!!! Even comes with a supercute braided black skinny belt. Plan on wearing with basically anything!!!


So here's the conclusion I've come to: online shopping is wishy-washy. You just never know how things will fit and how they will look. I am super happy that I chose the black and white skirt and am moderately pleased with the top. HAPPY HUNTING, Y'ALL:)




-B

1 comment:

  1. I definitely shy away from shopping online thanks to my weird body proportions but those were mega steals, so good job! :D

    ReplyDelete