Friday, November 25, 2011

Change is a comin'

So...

I guess this is my first post. Again. I once blogged for a period of time, but stopped when a potential job was on the line. Not so much anymore. Currently, I'm in Houston, TX with family celebrating the Thanksgiving holidays. An adventure in itself.

A pretty amazing thing happened to me about two days ago. It began with a 5 1/2 hour car trip from Austin to Houston. REMIND ME NEVER TO DRIVE TO HOUSTON THE DAY BEFORE THANKSGIVING. BIG mistake. So, I'm stuck in traffic rediscovering my old cd case and all of its contents. Thanks for the trip down memory lane, cd case. I rediscovered my love for bad Mariah Carey, my love for Elliott Smith & an ever lasting love for Billy Joel. <>

I finally find myself in Missouri City, TX. Just thankful for finally arriving at my cousin's house. I just happen to check the status of my acceptance into graduate school. AND I GOT IN. Totally shocked. I totally did not think that I was going to be accepted.

It's now sinking in just how different my life will be in the next couple of years. I'll be broke. REALLY BROKE. But that's okay. I will finally be on my way to acheiving what I want to achieve. That's such an awesome feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment